Balboa Avenida Aquilino de la Guardia
Panama City, Panama
View a local map with the hotel address: HERE
Please note: There are several Hilton hotels in the city of Panama, please use the above address to ensure you're referencing the correct hotel.
Friday, November 8, 2019 - Hotel Reservation Deadline
Monday, November 25, 2019 - Meeting Registration & Contribution Deadline
Contributions and Agendas:
**Please be reminded that it is vital for members to book their rooms at the hotel that the Forum has contracted with, failure to do so puts the Forum in financial jeopardy.**
Based on availability, the discounted group rate is offered a few days prior (November 30, 2019) and post (December 7, 2019) of the scheduled room block. If you plan to stay late or arrive early, please note that the reservation system may not allow you to book online. Please go ahead and make your reservation for the dates that you find available and then email us at email@example.com and we will request a reservation update on your behalf.
Hotel Reservation Deadline: Friday, November 8, 2019
NOTE: If you cannot book for your full stay please make a reservation for the dates that are available. Then email firstname.lastname@example.org with your travel dates and confirmation number. We will request a reservation update on your behalf. Please understand that updates are not always possible however we will do our best to assist you.
Broadband Forum Discounted Room Rates:
- Single Occupancy Room: $135 USD per night
- Double Occupancy Room: $150 USD per night
The room rate does NOT include taxes or fees; however breakfast and in-room internet access are included.
Hotel Reservation Policies:
Individuals are responsible for all sleeping room charges and reservations must be guaranteed by individual’s credit card at the time of booking. The cost of one room night will be charged as a reservation deposit.
- Reservations cancelled 72 hours prior to arrival will receive a full-refund of their deposit.
- Any reservation cancelled less than 72 hours prior to arrival or no shows will forfeit one night’s room and tax revenue.
- There is an early departure fee of $75 USD that will apply to any guest who checks out prior to the reserved checkout date. To avoid this fee guest should inform the hotel of any change in planned length of stay prior to or during check-in.
- Check-In Time: 15:00 | Check-Out Time: 12:00
Please use the above method to make your reservation at the hotel. Or you may contact the hotel directly by telephone at 507-280-8000. In order to be honored the discounted room rate, please let them know you are with Broadband Forum 2019 Q4 meeting.
For assistance booking accommodations, please contact us directly at +1.510.492.4020 or via email at email@example.com.
NOTE: If reservations are made with a travel agency, the Broadband Forum will not be able to assist in adjusting room rates as the hotel has special agreements with each travel agency. For the Broadband Forum to get involved, you must make your reservations as stated above.
Tocumen International Airport (PTY) – 13.6 mi – 22.2km
- The drive from PTY airport to the hotel is estimated to take about 20 minutes.
- A taxi from the airport to the Hilton Panama, Panama City cost approximately $30
- A local map with the hotel address and transportation instructions can be found here.
- Official Tourist Website: https://visitpanama.com/
There are many transportation options to help you get around Panama City;
- El Metro for information in English with maps please see: http://mapa-metro.com/en/panama/panama/el-metro-de-panama-map.htm
- The MiBus system is linked to Google maps for ease here is a link to the route between the airport and hotel: https://goo.gl/maps/6Q4Xwt7EpzgyEtA59
- Uber and Lyft are both options inside the city.
- Taking taxies can be a bit more complicated than usual but here are a few tips and links to help you navigate:
- Not all taxi drivers in Panama speak English so it’s helpful to ask up front, Habla inglés?
- Licensed, registered taxis in Panama are yellow, and have plate numbers replicated on the sides of the vehicle. They do not have meters, and instead calculate fares based on how many zones are traversed but this also means prices can be negotiable. White unmarked vehicles known as “tourism taxis” operate out of airports, charging slightly more for private transportation.
- It’s wise to agree on what the fare will be before getting into a cab.
- It’s not customary to tip unless your driver went above and beyond.
- Some Links I found helpful:
Broadband Forum Meeting Registration:
The meeting registration fee is due on or before: Monday, November 25, 2019
The meeting fees includes lunch and are for all attendees including those staying in the hotel.
- $450 USD for Principal and Associate Members to attend general and committee meetings.
- $310 USD for Principal and Associate Members to attend general and committee meetings for ONE day.
- $310 USD for Auditing Members to attend Summit, Plenary, and General Sessions Only.
Please Note: To help with the registration process and pressure on staffing please pay your meeting fee as soon as possible.
- Cancellations received on or before Monday, November 25: FULL REFUND
- Cancellations received after Monday, November 25: 50% REFUND
Monday, December 2, 2019
08:00 – 09:00: Tools Training
09:00 – 11:00: Service Provider Action Council
11:30 – 12:30: Welcome and Opening Plenary
Thursday, December 5, 2019
16:30 – 17:30: Closing Plenary
*Please note agenda is subject to change
On-Site/At the Meeting:
Please check-in at the Broadband Forum registration desk in the hotel to receive meeting materials, including information about Work Area meeting room location, meals and breaks, a printed copy of the agenda, and your name badge. The registration desk also serves as a meeting "lost and found" center, and is where Broadband Forum staff may be found for questions and additional information.
Registration desk hours:
Monday, December 2: 8:00AM – 6:00PM
Tuesday, December 3: 8:00AM – 6:00PM
Wednesday, December 4: 8:00AM – 6:00PM
Broadband Forum offers the opportunity for member companies to sponsor our quarterly meetings, and in doing so get their brand and/or latest initiative in front of our meeting attendees – the world’s largest and most influential service providers and broadband ecosystem participants. In addition, we offer a wide variety of complementary sponsorship opportunities, ranging from sponsorship of BASe events to targeted webinars, studies, and white papers.
For more information on sponsoring a meeting, click here.
For more information on other complementary sponsorship opportunities, including BASe, webinars, studies, and white papers, click here.
Of course, you can always contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visas cannot be obtained at the border or airport. The average time to obtain a Visa is four (4) weeks, however this will vary depending on location. Please be aware that each country has different requirements as to how to apply for a visa. Please check with your local consulate to get the most accurate information about obtaining a visa for your specific country of residence.
If you would like a Broadband Forum visa letter please add your personal details to the Visa Letter form and email it to email@example.com for a signature. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1.510.492.4022.
Hotel and logistics information: Contact Broadband Forum Meeting Manager Gabrielle Bond at email@example.com +1.510.492.4022
Tools, access, and contributions information: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org